Wisconsin's Civil War Memorials
Cushing Park, Delafield

Cushing Memorial Park in Delafield was established in 1911 on the old Cushing family homestead. That same year, the state legislature authorized the governor to work with the Waukesha County Historical Society in the erection of a monument to the three Cushing Brothers. The GAR and its Allied societies worked to maintain the park for many years. On May 31, 1915, a very imposing and beautiful obelisk was dedicated to the three Cushing's. Miss Catherine Cushing, daughter of William Barker Cushing, unveiled the monument. The monument and the park cost $10,000. The state appropriated $5,000 of this and the remainder was made up by contributions. Located northwest of the intersection of Main Street (Hwy. DR) and Cushing Park Road.
Cushing monument plaque
Descriptive text on Cushing monument

divider line

Sons of Union Veterans of the Civil War
Department of Wisconsin


Comments to

Last Updated: